“Thanks Steve – another fun course“
“Steve was one of the most engaging and professional facilitators I’ve yet seen“
“Your passion for this area truly comes across in how you teach”
“It was great how you related the course materials to many real-life examples“
“The training was absolutely awesome”
“I will certainly be recommending that some of my colleagues do this course.”
“Of all the courses I’ve attended in my career, the Business Value Analysis course was one of the best yet!“
“I could take a lot of the things learned out of the course and put them into play in my role“
Full Training Rooms Supplied
All lunches, morning and afternoon teas supplied, as is ongoing coffees and teas in your local city’s CBD supplied by a commercial training room orgainsation such as Cliftons.
These rooms are of very high quality and usually contain great breakout areas, WiFi, and full amenities. They do come at a cost that is built into the standard advertised prices.
You supply the training rooms, the morning and afternoon teas and some of the training needs.
Requires the following…
Enough room and table space for all of the attendees
Enough wall space to stick up project work for the groups. This project work needs to remain on the walls for the full course. This could be resolved with a spare whiteboard for each team (2-5 teams depending on class size)
Either an overhead projector and screen, or a large screen for PowerPoint presentations
Speakers for short learning videos to be played – I can supply this if needed
Tea and coffee facilities throughout
Warning: Internal training is not ideal as it suffers from attendees getting pulled away with quick phone calls and hallway meetings. Often getting the course started after a short break can take up to 30 minutes at times as attendees get sidetracked at their desk.
External training rooms is always recommended. I can work with you to find suitable rooms in your area.
Our Upper Hutt Training Retreat
Retreat to our large and modern semi-rural facilities just north of Upper Hutt.
Takes up to 8-10 attendees comfortably
air-conditioned plus a gas fire and heat pump in the winter months
plenty of space with all the training essentials on site including whiteboards
two comfortable break-out rooms
a private outside patio area with its own outdoor suite plus auto-levered roofing allowing full sun or shade and weather protection at the press of a button
coffee machines so you don’t miss your flat whites and lattes
simple morning and afternoon teas and cold drinks supplied free
free street parking for any number of cars
Large lawn space
Attendees must bring their own lunches but there is a full kitchen including microwave and a sandwich press available. Catering can be supplied by arrangement.
This has the advantage of a relaxed, semi-rural environment, free parking, and undisturbed learning and interaction.
Feedback from Past Attendees
- Of all the courses I’ve attended in my BA career, the Business Value Analysis course was one of the best yet! Not only was the content informative and held the right depth for all abilities, Steve was one of the most engaging and professional facilitators I’ve yet seen. His ability to maintain momentum whilst being able to support with real-world examples was impressive. Even when tackled with challenging questions, he was able to draw upon his expertise to explain in a practical and calm way how a scenario may work. I would thoroughly recommend this course for all would be agilists and Business Analysts alike. Even if you’re a seasoned BA, the course helps refresh some of the basics you may have forgotten. – Peter, Statistics NZ
- Steve is an incredibly engaging presenter, trainer and coach. The workshops are well organised and learning materials are clearly communicated and structured in a way that makes it easy to digest for a wide range of audience. I would highly recommend attending Steve’s workshops and training classes. – Benni, Statistics NZ
- Great entertaining trainer. Great delivery. Great Scenarios. Very satisfied attendee. Awesome 🙂 – Nelson, Statistics NZ
- Great fun – enjoyed the hands-on exercises. We were all encouraged to participate. No opinion was considered wrong – a good mix of people – both management and non-management. We were all equals on the day! Thanks Steve – another fun course. – Lisa, Statistics NZ
- Very pleasant, approachable trainer. Made me feel comfortable in asking questions. Created a great atmosphere.
- Very good valuable training. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and addressed my knowledge gaps. I found the training very enjoyable.
- Trainer (has) good knowledge in content.
- Enjoyable. Clear. Well paced.
- Excellent course, presenter, and materials
- I’m satisfied with the knowledge that this training has provided. The trainer is knowledgeable and the handouts are very informative. Thank you. Great facilitator, a lot of content covered in 3 days.
- The course was good and was delivered well. An effective course which combined different styles of learning which was beneficial.
- Thanks very much, Steve. I truly enjoyed the training sessions.
- Thanks Steve :). The training was absolutely awesome.
- I enjoyed hearing from your experience and knowledge. It was great how you related the course materials to many real-life examples from places you’ve previously worked. Your passion for this area truly comes across in how you teach.
- I found the course very valuable especially because I’m new to agile.
- I could take a lot of the things learned out of the course and put them in to play in my role.
- Dropping you a quick note to say, once again, thank you so much – I got a lot out of the training. Will certainly be recommending that some of my colleagues to do this course.
- Great course for me. I learned a lot
- Great course. Enjoyed the fact that we related it to our organisation
- It was super good! 🙂
- Excellent course. Covered the basics. Consolidated my understanding of Agile. Enjoyed the exercises and case studies
- Used simple terms to explain things. Lots of time for discussion and ideas. Kept the class engaged with real-life scenarios
- It was great, hope to hear more about the other courses
- Thank you, I found the course extremely useful. Even though I am experienced in Scrum, it was excellent to see how we can improve and become more Agile.
- Really informative and enjoyable
- Really enjoyable course and excellent presenter
- Time well spent
- Very informative and practical
- I really enjoyed the course and got a lot from it. I have and will recommend
- Thoroughly enjoyed the course
- I enjoyed attending this course because all attendees are from our organisation and we could discuss things that we’re doing currently.
- It was a helpful one to understand Agile and identify gaps between Agile and our current practice.
- The time allocated for teaching, questions & case study was well managed. Looking forward to next course early next year.
- I found the course very useful as I currently have a Scrum Master certificate but this course covered a few more things and how to make scrum work well in an Agile way.
- Great course it verified that I knew some of the Agile processes and it covered any gaps that I had and answered my questions. Course content covered heaps
- The course was well presented, took into account the existing agile knowledge and experience of the attendees.