Run as a 3-day classroom style training course
The Agile Team Facilitator (ATF) role must guide the team through the paradigm shifts required in Agile team environments and lead them towards collaboration and self-organization. To do so requires a mindset shift for the team leader – the facilitator mindset.
This course gives you the much-needed skills to design and conduct collaborative meetings while leading teams toward higher maturity levels, more effective results, and self-organization. As a stepping-stone towards becoming an Agile Coach, this course focuses not only on skills and techniques but also on the mindset for the facilitator and the facilitator’s path towards becoming an Agile Coach. It includes group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drives toward agreed-upon outcomes.
ICP-ATF Certification This course has been approved by ICAgile to award students the Certified Professional in Agile Team
Facilitation (ICP-ATF) upon completion. In this course we will practice the following:
- The Agile Team Facilitator role
- Facilitation concepts and techniques
- Facilitator Mindset
- Responsibilities and Skills of the ATF
- Importance of Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- Setting team boundaries and knowing when to intervene
- Working with Teams: Diagnostics and dysfunctions
- Coaching Contract and Coaching Alliance
- Facilitating Meetings for collaboration and team decision making
- Techniques for facilitating Agile practices (Retrospectives, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, etc.)